This pizza recipe is a bit of a different combination. You wouldn’t quite call it a dessert pizza, but is quite light and sweet and can definitely finish off a meal. I make my own plum sauce from our trees, and my sauce is quite light and tangy. If you can’t make your own, try an asian style plum sauce.
- Plum Sauce
- A small handful of Walnuts (freshly shelled makes a difference)
- Dried Figs
- Honey (optional)
- Thin slices of fresh Pear
- Lime juice
- Drizzle plum sauce over your prepared pizza base. You don’t want the base totally covered.
- Drizzle some honey if using – just some thin swirls.
- Scatter the pizza with halved figs and halved walnut pieces.
- Finish with chunks of mascarpone – I use teaspoon sized pieces.
- Carefully slide into the preheated oven using your peel and bake until the crust is golden. Be careful with this one as the nuts can burn easily.
- While the pizza is cooking, slice your pear thinly and put the pieces in a bowl with the juice of one lime, and a teaspoon of sugar. Toss together to coat. When the pizza is cooked, finish by dressing with the slices of fresh pear and serve!