This is a simple veggie pizza that packs a flavour punch. The earthy mushrooms work nicely with the sweet zucchini, and the smoky cheese is complemented by a little squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Half a cup of your favourite mushrooms, roughly diced
- Half a cup of zucchini (courgette), diced to the same size as the mushroom
- 1 Clove of finely chopped or mashed garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 Good pinch fresh or dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- Smoked cheese
- In a hot pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and then the zucchini and oregano. Saute for 1-2 minutes until just starting to soften. Add the mushrooms and sautee for another minute.
- Pour over the lemon juice, and stir well. Season with salt and a little freshly cracked black pepper and put the mixture aside until ready to use.
- Top your prepared base with sauce and a thin layer of torn or grated mozzarella.
- Scatter a layer of the zucchini and mushroom mixture over the pizza. If any juices have collected, avoid transferring them to the pizza with the rest of the mixture so the base doesn’t get too soggy.
- Crumble or dice the smoked cheese and scatter the pieces over the pizza.
- Finally, top with a little more mozzarella before baking.